Friday, July 18, 2014

Running A Full Marathon

Back in February a friend told me that I should enter the lottery to get into the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington D.C. and my first reaction was "No way!" I had just signed up to run the Nashville Half Marathon and had  no desire to train for a full marathon! Well I have one persistent friend! Finally said I would enter the lottery with no thought - or desire - to make the lottery. I got in. And I was stunned! About a week after I got the email saying I was in, I started getting excited about the idea of running a full marathon.

Then the Nashville Half came. And it was hilly. Really hilly. There was 7 up hills in the first mile alone. And my first thought was: "DC is hilly. Mile 25 is all up hill. What am I thinking?" As hard as Nashville was, it was also a really fun race. At the end of the race I thought "I could handle running this course again!" I must be crazy! Here are some of my highlights from Nashville:







So here I am training for a full marathon. I ran my first double digit run today - 11 - and wrapped week four of training. The Marine Corps Marathon is October 26th and I'm real excited about running my first full marathon! I'm also running two half marathons this fall as part of my training for the full. 

With all this being said, I am sure y'all are not surprised that I am raising money for Young Life Capernaum with this "fall tour of running". My goal is $5000 and there is there just over 3 months til the grand finale of the fall running tour. Would you consider supporting me in this new goal of a full marathon? If you would like to support me and Young Life Capernaum go to:


Also I've entered a contest to be on the cover of Runner's World Magazine. I need votes to be considered! Here's my second shameless plug: will you please vote for me? You can vote once a day through August 26th here:

http://covercontest.runnersworld.com/entry/1173


Updates coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment