Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A Year Later

One year ago today at about this time, I was sitting in the Applebees in Redmond, Oregon with my dearest friends (and siblings) and their kids before they dropped me off at the airport with lots of tears on my end. It was the last thing I did before moving back to Virginia. The few weeks before I left had been such an emotionally heavy period of time and it was hard leaving the Canyon with all that was going on especially having my brother, Kory, still so busted from his accident and really having no clue what the Lord was trying to say or what He wanted the next phase in life to look like.

As I look back on this last year, I don't have a ton of answers for much. However I can say I have seen the Lord work and in some big ways - even in the last few days. Now more than ever, I can say that I am confident that Property Staff is where I am suppose to be. I also had a neat conversation last night with a dear friend about seeing and hearing the Lord through multiple, unrelated people with the same message - of being still before the Lord, letting the Lord give you peace, and becoming a Mary versus a Martha - which is always hard.

Something that I know that has remained a constant mantra for me this last year is the Lord is good. All the time. The Lord was good a year ago, 6 months ago when I left the Canyon after an amazing six week stay, He was good last week, today, tomorrow, next month, and next year.

In terms of my prayers for this next year (well preferably these next few weeks) I pray for complete healing for two sweet babies - Tucker and Ozzy and for complete healing for Kory so he can get back to work full time and life can be somewhat normal for him, Sara, and the kids. Also praying for a job in Property Staff. I would go anywhere if that is where the Lord wanted me, but if I could choose any camp, I would love more than anything to be back in the Canyon. I trust that the Lord has great things in store. Will y'all join me in prayer? 

No comments:

Post a Comment