Thursday, December 27, 2012

Being Crafty

So many of you will remember the superhero tshirt blanket that I made this summer for my nephew, Christian. If you need a little reminder, click here. I am so not crafty. I had never used a sewing machine before this project. However, I was determined to learn something new. And therefore I did. I will say that I was impressed with myself. While my projects are not perfect and I would not call myself a sewing expert, I am way more confident with my abilities now! Not only did I make a blanket for my nephew, Christian Brody, I also made two more for my nephews, Jack and Luke. Same process as before, but they turned out better than Christain's. Sorry Christian! I gave these blankets to Jack and Luke for Christmas. Here they are!





So not only did I make three superhero tshirt blankets, I also made a blanket for my nephew Wyatt who turned 9 months old on Christmas day. I knew he would not love a superhero blanket as much as his brother, I decided to make one a little easier. I unfortunately did not take pictures during the process for documentation, so I will give you a brief run down. I grabbed two different fabrics from Joann Fabrics, both a yard in length. I pinned them together right side out and cut off any excess then sewed all the way around. That was the easy part. Then I got this silk border and my mom helped me get it on all neatly and the corners in place. She is better at that stuff - making things look good. Then I sewed that down and called it good. It was a little trickier then it sounds, but it was my first blanket of this kind so I think the next time I do this.


 Here is one side - if you cannot see it well - those are multi-colored
circles on an off white/cream background with the blue silk border.


 The flip side is that fun fabric with the bubbles, if you will. I do
not know what it is really called...


This is what it looks like together.

So yes, now I am definitely more confident with a sewing machine and I actually enjoy using it. I am in no way an expert. Now I am definitely ready for the shooting range. Kory, you can help with this when I come back out the Ranch, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment