Friday, July 19, 2013

A Monstrous Jump And A Journey To Health

For those of you who know me, you know that I've struggled with my weight for a long time. Everyone has struggles of their own and many struggles you can hide, but a struggle with weight and food is not something you can hide - especially when you get to the size that I was. Many of you know that I started a journey towards good health this past fall. I had struggled to lose five pounds doing different things on my own and I was frustrated. When I heard about Tidewater Bariatrics, I figured I'd give it a shot. I have lost 72 pounds through Tidewater Bariatrics (77 pounds overall). I have 13 more pounds to lose before I get to my goal weight and I'm feeling great! To read more of my story and journey of weight-loss, go to amonstrousjump.blogspot.com. Below are two pictures - one from when I started at Tidewater Bariatrics and one from this past week - that's a 72 pound weight difference!

9.21.13 190lbs                           7.16.13 118lbs


Part of how I have managed to lose weight is through exercise. I started with a lot of swimming. In the last few months, I have started running. A few weeks ago I ran my first 5K supporting Young Life Capernaum in Hampton Roads. My time was 27:08 - my fastest 5K time yet! My next goal is to run the Rock and Roll Half Marathon!





Now that I have done some big and great things for myself, I would like to do some great things for others. I have joined a racing team called  C-4 Racing. C-4 Racing is a racing team that raises financial support through running, swimming, and biking races (or all of the above) for Young Life Capernaum. Capernaum is Young Life geared towards teens and young adults with disabilities. My hope is that I would have friends and family who would support me financially to run the Virginia Beach Rock and Roll Half Marathon Labor Day weekend. All the money I raise by running this half marathon will go directly to supporting the mission of  Young Life Capernaum. My hope is to raise $5000 for Young Life Capernaum. Will you join my team and support me as I run this race?




In order to give financially please go to http://www.razoo.com/story/Virginia-Beach-Rock-And-Roll-Half-Marathon. If you have any questions please feel free to email me at  hamilton.ash@gmail.com.

Thank you everyone for your love and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment